Contra Costa ARC exists to enhance and enrich the lives of children with special needs and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Toward that end we provide direct services and advocacy to assist those we serve in achieving their highest level of personal independence and self-sufficiency.
As we carry out our mission,
Contra Costa ARC will embody
the following core values and commitments:
- To operate only high quality services that are stable and sustainable.
- To listen to the participants & families we serve and allow their feedback to be the primary gauge of whether or not we are fulfilling our mission.
- Whenever possible, to develop new services and supports in response to emerging participant and family needs.
- To promote, through our actions and our words, the right of individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities to be treated respectfully, as adults.
- To promote a welcoming atmosphere for citizens with intellectual and developmental disabilities in the communities of Contra Costa County.
- To work collaboratively with our community partners.
- To focus our advocacy efforts on pragmatic positive changes that result in improved services for participants and families.
- To advocate continuously at state and local levels in support of the key foundational elements of California’s developmental disabilities system:
- Preserving the participants’ legal entitlement to services
- Preserving and strengthening the role of the IPP
- Preserving and strengthening participant choice
- Promoting a balance of power among the primary players in the system
- To play a leadership role in the developmental disabilities community in Contra Costa County and throughout the East Bay.
- To create a positive work environment and a spirit of teamwork among all agency employees so that our mission is carried out in an atmosphere of mutual respect, trust, and confidence.
Contra Costa ARC—Advocacy, Respect, Commitment
Consumer Core Value Statements
- We value the programs and services of Contra Costa ARC and we want them to continue.
- We value the many choices and opportunities that these programs and services make possible for us.
- We value that all participants and all staff members treat each other with respect, courtesy, kindness, and good manners.
- We value working and earning money and we want to increase our work opportunities and earning potential.
- We value making friends and socializing and we want to expand these opportunities.
- We value participating in a wide variety of activities in the community – learning and growing and doing more of the things that are important to us, as individuals.